Home » Places to Visit

Places to Visit

Calco

Calco - LA VESCOGNA
The village of Calco is composed of several small hamlets, on a hilly region on the right bank of the Adda river, at the border of the territory of Bergamo.
(ill. Panorama, postcard, 1920)




CHURCH OF SAINT VIGILIO
Via Chiesa 2, Calco - from Vescogna 1,9 km

The church dedicated to Saint Vigilio, of ancient times, was rebuilt in 1754 by the architect Antonietti di Monza; it was enlarged in 1762 and 1770, restored in 1895 and consacrated by cardinal Andrea Ferrari in 1899.
The interior houses a wooden statue of Christ from the sixteenth century and lombard paintings from the seventeenth century, as well as an organ built by the Serassi company of Bergamo in 1772. The Parish Museum preserves many ancient sacred object including lamps, chalices, vestments and furnishings from various periods, as well as a large collection of books.

CHURCH OF SAINT GOTTARDO AND SAINT COLOMBANO
Via San Gottardo, Arlate di Calco - from Vescogna 4,5 km 

The church of Saint Gottardo and Saint Colombano stands on the site where one stood the Cluniac monastery, placed in a dominant position on top of the hill overlooking the village of Arlate in a remarkable natural landscape on the banks of the Adda river. Built of a local stone be reached by a wide and steep stairweel.
The interior is typical of monastic churches, very simple and bare, divided into three naves. The dome of the central vault shows the figure of Christo Pantocreatore, the remains of a late Romanesque frescoe of the thirteenth century. The original core of the buildings, after its restoration in 1969, has been dated to the eleventh century. 

Mondonico

Mondonico - LA VESCOGNA

FAI Days 2017

FAI Days 2017 - LA VESCOGNA

Main Entrance

Main Entrance - LA VESCOGNA

Leonardo in Vescogna

Leonardo in Vescogna - LA VESCOGNA

Permanent Exhibition

Permanent Exhibition - LA VESCOGNA

Selected by

Selected by - LA VESCOGNA

Member of

Member of - LA VESCOGNA

LA VESCOGNA

LA VESCOGNA